Help! Potential incoming! Now NGD!

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
G.A.S. mojo appreciated, please.

This came up locally for sale or trade. I offered up some pedals. The guy is all in with Kemper. So, my offer didn’t work.

I sat on it a couple of days.
I mentioned to my wife that I wanted to put some stuff up for sale to fund it and she said, “Just buy it. You’re not going to sell anything.”

She knows me well.

I put in a cash offer but he’s got someone lined up to look at it. If it doesn’t work out, I’m next.

I’m probably jinxing it by posting this but…

Reeves Gabrels Sig.

IMG_2391.jpeg

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Picked it up tonight.
It needs a good cleaning, but it’s not bad at all.

There’s a bit of a scratch on the back that didn’t show in the ad pics and I didn’t see when checking it over, but honestly it doesn’t really matter. It’s light and should buff out fine.
I may have done it putting it in the back seat. Not really sure.
Other than that, there are some pick scratches on the pick guard - where they belong.

S/N puts this at about a 2014 model.

The tone knob is a pull switch for our of phase.
As soon as I picked it up, I said, “Yep. That’s the Reverend neck.”
Setup is perfect.

A good cleanup and a new set of strings and it’ll be a beauty.
IMG_1429.jpeg

I cleaned it up today.
Loosened the pickguard and control plate and cleaned around the edges. Cleaned the pickups.

I unintentionally changed the strings and learned how to set up the Wilkinson. Never done that before.

Unintentionally because, I took the strings out of the tuners to get under them to clean. There were too many wraps for locking tuners. So, I felt okay reusing the strings for now.
I put one of the strings in the wrong tuner and cut it short. Too short for the tuner it needed to reach. So, new strings it is!

To this point I paid zero attention to the Wilkinson besides wondering why it kept leaning to one side and twisting in the route.
I just strung up the guitar and found that there was all dive and no pull. i.e. not floating.
Luckily, all I had to do was push it into position so the plate was parallel with the body, jam the block with a folded piece of thick paper, and put a few more wraps on the strings.

The trem really does need a better cleaning, but I’m going to see what I can do with my car detailing brushes and not have to take it all off again.

I tried getting one locally but the guy never answered me back until two weeks later, had already picked up something else by then.
Let us know how you're getting along with it after a week or two.

Back