Just in case Starbucks isn't making you fat enough yet....

It will just make me more wired. I usually get a red eye or a black eye - a cup of coffee with a shot or 2 of espresso.

Who wants a 31 oz drink?

I think I've ordered that much beer before. And I have a 33 oz coffee thermos for when I'm not going to have fast/convenient access otherwise. That'll usually last me through the morning and until about 1pm or 2pm, though.

The most I like is a double shot of espresso but as far as coffee goes, 8 oz is my max before I get jittery.

31 oz messedup0

The most I like is a double shot of espresso but as far as coffee goes, 8 oz is my max before I get jittery.

31 oz messedup0

I rarely have that much in one sitting, but there are plenty of days where I'll drink more than 31oz throughout the day.

It would make me happier if they called it an Extra Large and changed the names of the others to Small, Medium and Large. And then they could make all their drinks 30 percent cheaper. I realize they have to pay their employees more than other places because they're "Baristas", but can they really justify their prices?

It would make me happier if they called it an Extra Large and changed the names of the others to Small, Medium and Large. And then they could make all their drinks 30 percent cheaper. I realize they have to pay their employees more than other places because they're "Baristas", but can they really justify their prices?

they can justify their prices just fine. i can't justify their prices because the coffee is shit.

they can justify their prices just fine. i can't justify their prices because the coffee is shit.

This. I think their coffee is absolutely nasty. I assume they make it so strong (actually burnt) tasting so you can still tell there is coffee in it after you add a tone of cream, carmel, mocha, sugar, whipped cream and whatever else the cram in those things. I prefer coffee black so I prefer it taste good and not be as much as lunch. I honestly dont get the fascination with people flocking there to buy overpriced, nasty tasting coffee.

Starbucks is not my first choice. I only really drink it when I'm traveling and it is a) convenient to my location OR b) the easiest way to obtain American-style coffee without an unpleasant pre-caffeine foreign language incident.

This. I think their coffee is absolutely nasty. I assume they make it so strong (actually burnt) tasting so you can still tell there is coffee in it after you add a tone of cream, carmel, mocha, sugar, whipped cream and whatever else the cram in those things. I prefer coffee black so I prefer it taste good and not be as much as lunch. I honestly dont get the fascination with people flocking there to buy overpriced, nasty tasting coffee.

I always figured that I didn't like Starbucks coffee because I had an uneducated coffee palate or some shit like that. My favorite coffee is from Dunkin Donuts of all places.

Starbucks is not my first choice. I only really drink it when I'm traveling and it is a) convenient to my location OR b) the easiest way to obtain American-style coffee without an unpleasant pre-caffeine foreign language incident.

I thought that was rad too. :embarrassed:

I always figured that I didn't like Starbucks coffee because I had an uneducated coffee palate or some shit like that. My favorite coffee is from Dunkin Donuts of all places.

Dunkin used to be better. it's slowly coming back. at least it's drinkable.

Starbucks burns their beans. and they've completely changed the "dark roast" market. used to be you could get a dark roast without the ashy flavor. now they all taste like that.

Dunkin used to be better. it's slowly coming back. at least it's drinkable.

Starbucks burns their beans. and they've completely changed the "dark roast" market. used to be you could get a dark roast without the ashy flavor. now they all taste like that.

I also tried a Peets here because Flamencology suggested it and it was even stronger. I'm not man enough for the flavor of burnt tires I guess.

We don't have Dunkin Donuts around here but I get the coffee at Target every once in a while and make it at home. According to my mother in law I make it too strong but the coffee at their house is like brown water.

Back