Inexpensive wireless system

PunkKitty

Horny bag of electric meat
I'm thinking of buying a wireless system. I'll likely only be using it for practice at home and small gigs. I've never used a wireless system, so I know next to nothing about them.

There’s a old thread here on that. I got a set off amazon for $28. They are $42 now but I caught a sale. They work fine but on my rig they did make it sound just the slightest bit brighter/thinner. I mean it’s like you gave the tone knob an adjustment .

These:
IMG_2480.png

I bought a set of Lekato 5.8Ghz ones back in January from Amazon UK as there's less contention on that frequency than the 2.4Ghz range.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TWQL2JS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used them for rehearsals and gigs since with no issue or tone problems. As they are rechargeable, I'm aware the internal batteries will die at some point but so far they are holding up. We did a 5 hour rehearsal last weekend with no issues.

I bought a set of Lekato 5.8Ghz ones back in January from Amazon UK as there's less contention on that frequency than the 2.4Ghz range.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TWQL2JS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used them for rehearsals and gigs since with no issue or tone problems. As they are rechargeable, I'm aware the internal batteries will die at some point but so far they are holding up. We did a 5 hour rehearsal last weekend with no issues.
I have a set of Lekatos as well. Pretty awesome stuff

I've got a set of Getarias, they work well. They add some treble but not a huge deal. Only thing is there is no indicator of low battery which would be nice.

Oh mine are 5.6 GHz, better for not interfering with Wi-Fi but they don't have a battery indicator like the older 2.4 GHz models.

Last edited:
The hard part is that I do not know what cheap wireless solutions are.

I do use 2 different wireless setups. My expensive one is the Line6 G50 and my inexpensive one is the Spark Wireless System.

I use the spark for backyard parties, jams, practice and some rehearsals. It is very convenient to use and I dig the charging cable which charges the TX and RX at the same time. I use the same cable to charge my Sennheiser Wireless Mic TX and RX as well.

That is a big “no bueno” for me. I don’t need a wireless though, I have zero stage presence which means no running around, backflips, splits etc
I could have dialed it back in, fairly certain, but I just wrote what it actually did when I was using it.

One more thing, when I used it I wasn’t worried about the battery dying on me so I was just going to let it deplete before charging. When it gets to the point failing it lets out a loud ass screech. Like a WTF screech.

I've been happy with the NUX ones. I just don't trust the super cheap ones (as in weird sounding brands I've never heard of, typically on Amazon).

But...don't bother getting the 2.4GHz wireless sets out there. You will eventually run into trouble at some places, as they run in the same frequency range as wireless routers and similar stuff. And....always bring a cable just in case :wink:

Btw, for anyone interested in wireless gear, you really should check out Scott Uhl's youtube channel. That guy knows his stuff and does vids on wireless gear at every price point.

I have the Nux B2 system. It now sells for $109; I am sure it was cheaper when I bought it. I used it for my Lost Towns gig in July and was quite happy with it. I am not going to be doing any theatrics, but it is nice to not worry about tripping over the guitar cord. They are rechargeable and still had good battery strength after two hours. You can also turn them on and off, saving battery drain during breaks and between setup and show time.

Well... my Getaria receiver crapped out. It's flaky now, won't turn on unless I jostle it or tap it on a table. Found out at a gig when I turned on my overdrive that the receiver was plugged into and it turned off.

Thinking about getting another set, yeah not the most resilient product but then I could have one transmitter in each of the guitars I gig with so I won't have to mess with swapping the transmitter around when switching guitars.

Hmm...

Well... my Getaria receiver crapped out. It's flaky now, won't turn on unless I jostle it or tap it on a table. Found out at a gig when I turned on my overdrive that the receiver was plugged into and it turned off.

Thinking about getting another set, yeah not the most resilient product but then I could have one transmitter in each of the guitars I gig with so I won't have to mess with swapping the transmitter around when switching guitars.

Hmm...
try the joyo one. i did and i like it way more

Back