chord question

335clone

Living the dream
I have been trying to figure out a song for a long time, has a crazy tuning but finally worked that out. Tuning is a variant of open C

CCGCEG (5th & 6th string C's are an octave apart)

So the I and IV are pretty simple (all open for the I, 002010 for the IV (F)

But watching the video, the V is apparently 720010 (it's playable due to a partial capo at the 5th which does not cover the 6th string)

But that makes the chord GDGCFG which almost sounds ok but seems kinda weird. What would you call this chord? A chord finder I tried called it G6/11sus. Would that function as a V chord in a C progression?

But that makes the chord GDGCFG which almost sounds ok but seems kinda weird. What would you call this chord? A chord finder I tried called it G6/11sus. Would that function as a V chord in a C progression?
Absolutely. You have a preponderance of notes from the V chord (G,D and F) and the C is actually the sus4 (which is also the sus11 depending on the kind of nomenclature that you are using). I don't know where the "6" comes from since there is no E note in the chord, though.

Absolutely. You have a preponderance of notes from the V chord (G,D and F) and the C is actually the sus4 (which is also the sus11 depending on the kind of nomenclature that you are using). I don't know where the "6" comes from since there is no E note in the chord, though.
Cool!

These are the results I got
Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 12.26.00 PM.png

Isn't G - G,B,D though, not G,B,F? F# is the 7th, so trying to see how the F fits in to the V.

Remember, I'm kinda slow at this theory stuff:party2:

Back