New IK Multimedia Tonex One mini pedal

jrockbridge

Stealing Your Riffs
$179.

No midi control. Otherwise it's an amp or dirt-pedal profile player with tuner, compressor, reverb, noise gate. It comes with the same basic software as the big Tonex. It can hold 20 profiles. You can set the switch to toggle between 2 profiles. There is even a way to put it in a mode to cycle between 3 profiles. It has a lot more functionality than you might think because of the modes and multifunction of each knob and the colors that can be assigned.

I have an HX Stomp that I've been using for my modeling rig setup. But I just preordered one of these Tonex One minis to use with the HX Stomp.

Last edited:
Michael Nielsen points out in this video that the Tonex One can capture a chain of dirt + boost. He compares a capture of an EP booster > RC booster > Jan Ray to the real pedals. I imagine this mini pedal taking the place of multiple dirt and boost stomps on a small board.

Andertons dropped a demo as well... they show the computer software and mention that the pedal can be set to apply a stored tone and switch to bypass.... or.... can be set to an "A" patch and a "B" patch for clean and lead or whatever.

Incredibly powerful for a mini pedal that could sit at the end of your board for "as needed". :baimun:

I have no need for one, as I am an all-in-one unit sorta guy. But it looks/sounds really cool!

At the very least, I think the ToneX One mini pedal could be a backup. It could backup the large ToneX. It could backup a modeler. It could even backup an amp assuming you could continue plugged into the PA if your amp blew up.

Back