Dig it! Fender goes "mouth crazy" on their turgid fans with the new ToneMaster modeling pedal and FRFR cabs!

I saw a little bit of a video and the user interface looks cool but I've never liked Fender's attempts at modeling. I'm still angry about the Cybertwin two decades later.

Didn't realize that they made the FRFR's.

Just doing a "needle drop" on Leon Todd's video since I'm very familiar with how he dials in amps and how that relates to what I like to hear. The Marshalls sound gross.

It should sound better for being the same price as an FM9, Quad Cortex or Kemper Floor. They can keep the neat UI.

Now that I'm watching LT's closing comments I see that he feels the same way.

i guess having more competition pushes everyone else to deliver the best products but i am pretty set on my helix at this point. if i ever had 1700 bucks to spend on something else id probably go fm9.

I just don't trust Fender to stick with it and keep developing the same as all-digital companies like Fractal, Neural, Kemper, etc. It's only a potential (and minor) revenue chain for Fender.

I did see that Neural immediately dropped the price of the Quad to match the Tone Master Pro (and Helix and FM9 Turbo).

Last edited:
...but at $1,700 is it more like dry, toothy head? Only time will tell!

https://www.musicradar.com/news/fen...h-its-tone-master-pro-pedal-and-frfr-cabs-too

I might be interested in the 12" FRFR cab. I bet the Iridium would sound good thru it.

I was kinda interested until I saw the price tag. I’m pretty sure it’s not better than the fractal so why wouldn’t I just get that?

but I am interested in the speaker too. Why do you pick one up and see how it sounds?

So it sounds like the consensus here is that this new offering is about as good as having a shark bite your wiener off while you're swimming around in the Bahamas. That happened to a friend of my dad's

The product might be great. Fender does a great job modeling clean tones, which is hard for many modelers. I just need to see a track record first.

Didn’t Fender drop support for early versions of the Mustang modeling amps forcing users to get the software from a third party? Because that’s not a company worth buying a $1700 modeling unit from.
Yeah. I had a handful of the Mustang II and III amps at the studio and it was horrible. Between that and the Cyber Twin they can eat a digital dick.

Also, I have a Tonemaster Deluxe in my classroom at school that I absolutely despise.

I was kinda interested until I saw the price tag. I’m pretty sure it’s not better than the fractal so why wouldn’t I just get that?

but I am interested in the speaker too. Why do you pick one up and see how it sounds?

i probably will. it intrigues me. my friend has an Atomic frfr that I think sounds pretty great but it is more than twice the cost of this new Fender.

Back